Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Where's Wendy! (the final chapter)

Photo courtesy of Mountain Creek website.
So our trip concluded with our final stopoff in Mountain Creek in Vernon, NJ (closer to home!). We decided to "live la vida loca" and sprung for a Treetop Cabana. You can reserve them online for about $75 per day; it comes with a private picnic table, sheltered canopy, lounge chairs, and table service… yes, we were the fancy-pants family of the day, but I have to say it was WONDERFUL! It gave us a place to relax and escape out of the fray and made me feel as though we were truly on vacation.
 
The kiddie area features a giant pirate ship which, thanks to Jake and the Neverland Pirates, is one of my children’s favorite themes. There was a small lazy river, a manageable water slide called The Hook, and a separate area with all different kinds of fountains. I have to say, I was apprehensive because I wasn’t sure there would be enough variety to keep our 3-year-old engaged for the entire day, but because she had a life vest, she was allowed to ride some of the adult rides that we could ride together. It was fantastic day of safe watery adventure for everyone.

I did see one thing that really caught my attention. You super travelers may already know about these, but I saw a young girl (about 5-years-old) wearing an inflatable swimming vest. I am not ready to endorse them yet; we are still doing our research here at Travel-Tot, but what a fantastic travel safety item! I always pack my life vests for my little ones, but they take up a lot of room in the suitcase;  if these work as well as they seemed to I will be ordering mine for the next trip!

This was a day where I really was able to leave behind the to-do list and really have fun with my family. Obviously, I could not keep my blackberry attached to my hip so I let it go for the day and rode water slides, ate junk food, and laughed like crazy. In fact, I relaxed. I remembered a few things that the daily grind had erased from my memory such as: my kids are awesome, my husband not bad to look at in a bathing suit and I still know how to have fun. We are definitely doing this day trip again!

Thanks for being a part of our family adventure - if you have a story you'd like to share, we'd love to hear about it!  Just drop a note to Destination Mom!  Safe and happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment