|image courtesy of koratmember/|
Looking for a fun New England family getaway? Think Rhode Island! What it lacks in land mass, it makes up for in fun family attractions! Boasting over 380 miles of coast, Rhode Island has a wide array of sites; from "shore" things, including:
- Newport’s mansions and Cliff Walk, Save the Bay Exploration Center & Aquarium, over-nighter opportunity at the Rose Island Lighthouse, or a 90-minute, 22-mile ride along Narragansett Bay on the Newport Dinner Train or the Newport Ice Cream Train,
- parkland adventures like Fort Adams State Park's "coming soon!" zip line, which will offer amazing aerial views of the nation's largest coastal fortress or the tide pools at Beavertail State park in Jamestown,
to city favorites, like Providence's:
- Roger Williams Park Zoo where you can visit the animals, play in the Big Backyard, or rent a swan paddle boat, canoe, or kayak,
- Museum of Natural History and Cormack Planetarium in Providence,
or take the road less traveled and:
- explore the state with the Rhode Island Farm Scavenger Hunt and visit 28 of Rhode Island’s working farms, or
- visit the Frosty Drew Observatory (on Friday evenings) to experience the spectacular night sky!
Safe and happy travels!